What Made the News in 2009
- Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has conducted a clinical trial to benefit patients with certain types of pheochromocytoma, paraganglioma or metastatic carcinoid tumors.
- Note: This study is ongoing, but not recruiting participants.
The Pheo-Para Alliance announced a conference to be held in Parsippany, NJ on September 30 through October 2, 2009.
- Dr. Karel Pacak was the main speaker on Pheochromocytoma: An overview of Research Achievements.
- Pheo-Para Alliance
Ann N Y Acad Sci. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2009 December 1.
Published in final edited form as:
Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008 December; 1148: 462–468.
- Pheochromocytoma: An Endocrine Stress Mimicking Disorder
- Vitaly Kantorovich,1 Graeme Eisenhofer,2 and Karel Pacak3
Pheochromocytoma is an endocrine tumor that can uniquely mimic numerous stress-associated disorders, with variations in clinical manifestations resulting from different patterns of catecholamine secretion and actions of released catecholamines on physiological systems.
Free full text Author Manuscript: